| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
Registered Nurse: Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) Part Time |
FUNCTION: Provides psychosocial and medical support, problem-solving assistance and facilitation of referrals to MIHP clients.
1. Current Michigan license as a Registered Nurse. Bachelorís degree in nursing preferred.
2. At least one-year experience providing community health, pediatric and/or maternal/infant nursing services.
3. Experience providing direct service to marginalized communities.
4. Understanding of Microsoft Office programs and able to manage databases.
5. Able to lift materials up to 20 pounds.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
8. Ability to conduct in-home visits within the program parameters.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
1. Works as part of a multidisciplinary team that promotes healthy pregnancies, positive birth outcomes, and infant health and development.
2. Provides care coordination and conducts risk identifier assessments and in-home visits across multiple domains, such as health risks, drug use, domestic violence and infant health.
3. Maintains client charts. Collects data from client and completes required program reports within applicable Medicaid Health Plan standards and requirements.
4. Participates in chart reviews, required meetings and state trainings.
5. Address client needs promptly.
6. Implement Plan of Care and interventions.
7. Coordinates medical care with providers, staff and contractors.
8. Develops and provides medical and parenting education to clients.
9. Screens for potential developmental delays and refers infant to Early On when appropriates
10. Assists with recruiting, intake and direct services.
11. Safeguards confidential information gained as a result of the position.
12. Complies with applicable local, state and federal licensing requirements/certification and or regulations.
13. Complies with YWCA policy regarding required reporting of child abuse.
14. Attends weekly staff/planning meetings
15. Works cooperatively with program participants, staff and volunteers.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Familiarization with YWCA Personnel Policies.
2. Appropriate training and in-service which will occur during employment.
3. Completes required MIHP training
HOURS OF WORK: Part-time (approximately 20 hours per week). Flexible as a response to program needs and as arranged with supervisor. May include some evening and weekend hours
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $22 per hour
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Maternal Health Programs
How to Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to: HR@ywcakalamazoo.org
|Kalamazoo, MI 49007 US
|Part-time (approx 20 hrs/week), Flexible as needed
|$22 per hour