| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
Emergency Shelter Coordinator |
FUNCTION: Assure routine and ongoing functioning of Human Trafficking program facility for the migrant and immigrant population.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelorís degree in human services or related field or specialized training in domestic violence preferred.
2. One-year experience in crisis intervention and residential supervision preferred.
3. Ability to manage conflict.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills.
5. Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
6. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
1. Provides direct services to victims of human trafficking from the migrant and immigrant community.
2. Monitors building and shelter security systems and procedures.
3. Provides crisis intervention, information and referrals as needed.
4. Provides admittance and intake of shelter residents.
5. Monitors functioning of crisis line.
6. Assists in activities related to daily shelter operations.
7. Assures necessary maintenance and custodial functions.
8. Safeguards confidential information gained as a result of the position.
9. Complies with applicable local, state and federal licensing requirements/certification and or regulations.
10. Complies with Association policy regarding required reporting of child abuse, elder abuse, suicide and homicide.
11. Works cooperatively with program participants, YWCA staff and volunteers.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Familiarization with YWCA Personnel Policies and Mission.
2. Appropriate training and in-service which will occur during employment.
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time working a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the program.
STARTING WAGE: $10.00 + per hour
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Victimís Services
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter to: HR@YWCAKALAMAZOO.ORG
|Kalamazoo, MI 49007 US
|Full time. Flexible to meet program needs.
|$10.00 + per hour