| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
Residential Services Specialist (PART TIME) |
FUNCTION: Assure routine and ongoing functioning of program facility and services.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelorís degree in human services or related field or specialized training in domestic violence preferred.
2. One-year experience in crisis intervention and residential supervision preferred.
3. Demonstrated assertiveness and ability to manage conflict.
4. Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
1. Provide direct services to program participants as needed.
2. Monitor building and shelter security systems and procedures.
3. Provide crisis intervention, information and referrals as needed.
4. Provide admittance and intake of shelter residents; arrange alternate shelter, as needed.
5. Monitor functioning of crisis line; answer, as needed.
6. Assist in activities related to daily shelter operations.
7. Assure necessary maintenance and custodial functions, as needed.
8. Safeguard confidential information gained as a result of the position.
9. Comply with applicable local, state and federal licensing requirements/certification and or regulations.
10. Comply with Association policy regarding required reporting of child abuse, elder abuse, suicide and homicide.
11. Work cooperatively with program participants, YWCA staff and volunteers.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Familiarization with YWCA Personnel Policies and Mission.
2. Appropriate training and in-service which will occur during employment.
HOURS OF WORK: Part-time or sub, overnight, evenings and weekends. Flexible as a response to program needs and as arranged with supervisor.
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $10.00 per hour
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Shelter Coordinator and Director of Victimís Services
How To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to: HR @ YWCAKalamazoo.org
|Kalamazoo, MI 49007 US
|$10.00 per hour