| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
Chief Executive Officer |
The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism; empowering women; and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
The YWCA has been at the forefront of the most critical social movements for more than 150 years ‒ from women’s empowerment and civil rights, to affordable housing and pay equity, to violence prevention and health care (YWCAUSA).
We are searching for an individual to carry on the successful work of our retiring and highly respected Chief Executive Officer. The CEO provides the executive, administrative and program leadership necessary for the YWCA of Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley (YWCA) to achieve its mission to eliminate racism; empower women; and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. The CEO reports to the Board of Directors (Board) and acts as a liaison between the YWCA staff and the Board.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Guides, supports and serves the Board in establishing and executing goals, and collaborates with the Board to develop, refine and implement the strategic plan.
• Oversees the operations of the YWCA in a manner which ensures that all initiatives and programs are properly integrated and achieve desired outcomes in the communities served.
• Manages the overall financial operations including long- and short-range financial plans, monitoring of the budget and day-to-day cash flow.
• Leads an organizational culture that promotes high-quality social services and programs that meet or exceed all regulatory requirements, including the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) code of ethics, State of Tennessee licensing, HIPPA, federal and state laws, Foundation guidelines, United Way requirements, and all other grant contractual requirements.
• Establishes and implements effective decision-making processes that enable the YWCA to achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives.
• Serves on the YWCA Knoxville Foundation Board in an ex-officio capacity. Provides support and acts as a conduit of information between the YWCA Knoxville Foundation Board and the YWCA Board.
• Facilitates and strengthens internal communications with staff throughout the organization; creates and promotes a positive, multicultural work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization's strategy, operational methods and data collection needs.
• Fosters a healthy organizational culture by creating an environment characterized by high levels of employee engagement, commitment to racial justice and empowerment of women and high performance developed through teamwork and collaboration.
• Ensures confidential safekeeping of all official documents (personnel, client, financial and grant) files and records following federal, state and local laws as well as guidelines and other contractual commitments for grants.
• Assures adherence to NASW and State of Tennessee codes of ethics in all client services and programs as well as administrative and development activities.
• Oversees facility planning and management and building operations (cleaning, repairs, maintenance, safety and security) of all facilities owned or occupied by YWCA clients, programs and staff.
Qualifications and Skills
YWCA of Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley is seeking an individual who brings significant and proven leadership skills developed through several years in senior management positions. Candidate’s experience can include work in a non-profit, for-profit or government organization.
The following describes the ideal experience and assets a successful candidate will offer:
• Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university preferred.
• Prior management or supervisory experience with a 501(c)3 organization preferred.
• Financial and operational acumen including direct experience with operating to budget and cash flow management.
• Demonstrated success in generating revenue through a variety of fundraising techniques, including experience with major gifts solicitation, annual campaigns, special events and grant proposals.
• Goal-oriented, compassionate and visionary leader who possesses the creativity and drive necessary to build upon and expand the success and impact of the YWCA.
• Demonstrated and sincere passion for the mission of the YWCA, with the ability to articulate the mission across all key stakeholder groups (e.g., staff, business and philanthropic communities, local and regional government officials, community leaders, the general public and the media).
• Ability to foster a healthy organizational culture by creating an environment characterized by high levels of employee engagement, commitment to racial justice and empowerment of women and high performance developed through teamwork and collaboration.
• Strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire, motivate and be effective at conflict management and resolution.
• Demonstrated experience developing and enhancing programs through effective outcome measurement.
Applicants: Please submit a resume with references and cover letter to: Julia Bentley at email@example.com. Applications must be received by March 9, 2018.
|Knoxville, TN 37902 US