| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
Outreach and Case Coordinator |
FUNCTION: Provide case management and support services for high risk, pregnant women, infants and families throughout Kalamazoo County and act as liaison between the YWCA, Borgess Medical Center and Family Health Center.
1. Bachelor’s degree in health, human services or related field required.
2. At least two years as a professional level experience in maternal, infant, child and adolescent health.
3. Possess excellent community engagement, strong interpersonal skills, and knowledge of community resources.
4. Experience with program design, development and evaluation, infant behavior and development, and health education.
5. Competent in serving diverse cultural communities and understanding the complex, interrelated issues and concerns contributing to health disparities affecting African Americans.
6. Experience with community health, home visitation and evidenced-based service delivery preferred.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
1. Engage, enroll and retain high risk prenatal, postpartum women and infants in Women and Infant Supportive Health (WISH) services
2. Work collaboratively with MIHP program to share cases with enrolled Medicaid clients for care coordination.
3. Work collaboratively with Borgess and other Clinical Providers to ensure women receive early and adequate prenatal services
4. Collaborate with Healthy Baby Healthy Start Partners to engage in Community Education
5. Conduct ongoing outreach activities independently and alongside Cradle Kalamazoo partners to engage the community in health education.
6. Provide case management, referral, transportation coordination, and follow-up that ensures continual access and engagement with prenatal and well-baby care services.
7. Provide clients with directed education and information about infant safe sleep, home visiting programs, support groups, healthy pregnancy, and other existing and helpful programs.
8. Maintain program participant records, collect statistics and submit reports as required.
9. Safeguard confidential information gained as required by HIPAA.
10. Comply with Association policy regarding required reporting of suspected child abuse.
11. As a YWCA employee, project a positive image of the Association and its programs to the community, the Association and the program.
12. Work cooperatively with program participants, YWCA staff and volunteers.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
HOURS OF WORK: Full- time. Non-traditional work hours as required to meet client needs for direct services, facilitating off-site referrals, and as arranged with supervisor.
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $13.00 per hour.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Maternal Health
SUPERVISED BY: Director –Maternal Health
|Kalamazoo, MI 49007 US
|Full- time, non-traditional work hours as require
|$13.00 per hour.