| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
Assistant to the Director of Finance |
FUNCTION: To provide accounting/data processing assistance to the Director of Finance.
1. Bachelorís degree in accounting, business or related field required.
2. A minimum of one-year experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll required.
3. Prior experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
4. Experience with data entry, word processing and spreadsheets.
5. Experience with Financial Edge software is required.
6. Ability to organize and maintain systems.
7. Effective oral and written communication skills.
8. Ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
1. Manages the Accounts Receivables and billing for the Childrenís Center and other programs.
2. Manages the Retirement program updates.
3. Processes payroll including maintenance of proper accounting records. Prepares W-2s, 941 and state unemployment reports. Tracks PTO accruals and usage.
4. Processes accounts payable including invoice management, W-9 and 1099 records.
5. Processes daily deposits and maintains petty cash account.
6. Assists in month-end procedures, including account analysis & accrual entries. Prepares some financial statements such as GSRP.
7. Assists Director in the preparation of required reports and statistics.
8. Manages Agency accounts receivable.
9. Assists Director with communications with the employees and program participants.
10. Assists Director in developing, maintaining and evaluating accounting operations.
11. Assists Director in creation and monitoring of program budgets.
12. Safeguards confidential information gained as a result of the position.
13. As a YWCA employee, projects a positive image of the Association.
14. Works cooperatively with program participants, YWCA staff and volunteers.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Familiarization with YWCA Personnel Policies and Mission.
2. Appropriate training and in-service which will occur during employment.
HOURS OF WORK: Full time. Flexible as a response to program needs and as arranged with supervisor.
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $15.00--$17.00 depending on experience.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Finance
HOW TO APPLY: Submit Resume and Cover Letter to:
|Kalamazoo, MI 49007 US
|Full time. Flexible as a response to program needs
|$15.00--$17.00 depending on experience.