YWCA Executive Director |
YWCA of Yonkers, NY, an organization dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all, seeks a dynamic skilled Executive Director to forward its mission. YWCA Yonkers is a key provider of supportive housing services, child care and after-school care, senior nutrition, youth empowerment programs, as well as advocacy and mentoring. Candidate must have strong leadership skills and firsthand experience related to the goals inherent in the mission. Demonstrated experience for facility management, human resources, programs, budget, grant writing and public relations a must. In addition the candidate must be an empowering and visionary leader, and have a passion for racial and social justice. Bachelorís degree required, Masters degree preferred. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline is October 13, 2017. Note: Equal Opportunity Employer
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer and day to day leader of the organization. Responsible for effective and forward-looking YWCA administration, services, advocacy, and setting the tone for the organization. They have overall responsibility for facilities, programs, human resources, budget, grant writing, public relations and volunteers. This person represents YWCA Yonkers in the community. They work with the Board of Directors to ensure that the YWCA Yonkers meets requirements, plans responsibly, works positively with funders, licensing groups, and the community. They must work toward the fulfillment of the YWCA Mission: Eliminating racism, empowering women and peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Overall Management Compliance
* Assumes the primary responsibility for all the associationís operations. Ensures that the association meets its corporate, constitutional and legal responsibilities, and reports to the Board on the status of those requirements.
* With the Board of Directors, assures that the association meets national YWCA requirements, participates in state, regional, and national YWCA meetings and shares information with the Board and staff as appropriate. Ensures that YWCA Yonkers meets funder and licensing requirements, maintains documentation, and files reports as required; maintains cooperative working relationships with funders and licensing agencies.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relative training, technical assistance, fundraising opportunities, informational resources, and national and regional trends for the YWCA, and routinely informs the staff and Board.
* Establishes systems for safe keeping of agency records, policies and procedures, personnel files, fiscal documentation and grants compliance and management
* Establishes accountability to develop and execute the strategic plan/ organizational goals with support of the Board of Directors.
* Hires, trains, mentors, supervises and terminates staff and maintains personnel records
* Develops and maintains familiarity with human resources requirements and uses that knowledge in regularly reviewing and updating YWCA Yonkers policies and procedures and assigned tasks.
* Holds program directors and employees accountable for their job descriptions, policies and procedures, and assigned tasks. Ensures that staff appraisals are completed and documented on a regular basis. Ensures that all supervisors have adequate resources, training and support
* Revise job descriptions and salary ranges as necessary ensuring compensation is commensurate with YWCA economic empowerment goals
* Ensures a positive and public image for YWCA Yonkers and ensures that YWCA Yonkers carries a significant role in the community and is known for its mission and valuable services. Serves as a confident, articulate, and persuasive advocate to increase YWCAís visibility with private and public human service organizations and associations, advocates, lawmakers, government staff and agencies, the media, funders, and key community representatives
* Actively networks with professional colleagues to support issues affecting the well-being of women and minorities
* Implements comprehensive marketing and development plans to increase supporters, members, clients, and public knowledge of YWCA Yonkers
* Advocates for mission-based public policy change at the local, state, and national level
* Through aggressive fund raising, builds resource development in all of its facets: cultivates foundations, corporate sponsors, and individual sponsors; facilitates the pursuit of diverse grants and contracts and seeks strategic alliances, partnerships for programs and space, and joint ventures
* Assumes a major role in the cultivation and solicitation of individual donors, foundations and corporations, and any capital campaigns initiated by the Board
* Assures a consistent revenue stream and builds a reserve for a strong financial future
Meeting Financial and Building Obligations
* Assumes responsibility for the financial health, stability, capacity, and planned growth of the association Monitors all finances, and works closely with the Treasurer and Board to ensure efficient and cost-effective operation
* Works with staff to develop annual budgets and ensures budgets are accurate and followed. Authorizes bill payments, negotiates services, contracts, and purchase agreements with government agencies, subcontractors, and any other outside organizations. Handles all financial responsibilities with integrity and in YWCA Yonkers best interest
* Establish accountability to implementation of a fundraising plan, including donor cultivation, annual giving, planned giving, major gifts program, and grant objectives
* Ensures accounts are audited annually and keeps the Board informed of YWCA Yonkers fiscal position
* Assesses financial feasibility of programs and services, as well as new initiatives being considered based on changing community needs and priorities
* Oversees the use, management, safety, security, insurance, and upkeep of YWCA facilities
Board of Directors
* Provide regular reports profiling accomplishments
* Provide information about major challenges accompanied by solution options
* Provide orientation and sustains ongoing interactions that support the Boardís roles of strategic-level planning, fundraising, accountability for accomplishing plans, and promoting YWCA Yonkers and its mission throughout the community
* With the Board President, ensures an environment that stimulates positive interactions among Board members and between Board and staff and that stimulate a wide range of contributions.
* Bachelorís degree required, Masterís preferred
* Minimum 5 years experience in administering an agency or organization
* Excellent skills in organizational change management, program development and evaluation, grants procurement, verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of and belief in the YWCA Mission
* Demonstrated effective leadership experience in non profit management
* Demonstrated knowledge of financial management and fund development skills.
|Yonkers, NY 10701 US