| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher |
FUNCTION: Work within a teaching team to support the care and development of young children ages 6 weeks-under 3 years in a structured early learning environment.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Significant and relevant post-high school education or training in early childhood education or child/family-related field.
3. One year experience working with young children within a licensed childcare facility.
4. Ability to meet requirements of Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing.
5. Satisfactory response to criminal and child abuse and neglect history checks.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
1. Proof of freedom from communicable tuberculosis according to Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing.
2. Must be able to safely lift 60 pounds.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
1. Assist children in all daily activities including, but not limited to: toileting, personal hygiene, dressing and eating.
2. Organize and implement age appropriate learning activities/ experiences with individual children and small and large groups within the approved curriculum.
3. Supervise children's activities to ensure safety, promote socialization and enjoyment of children attending the facility.
4. Work cooperatively with the program director, family advocate, and/or teaching team to resolve any programmatic or family concerns including but not limited to communication, service delivery, quality, curriculum, personnel, and assessment.
5. Work cooperatively with the program director, family advocate, and/or teaching team on assigned duties, such as preparing activity materials, room cleanliness and using time effectively.
6. Participate in mealtime activities with the children to encourage good eating habits, good table manners, conversation and clean-up.
7. Accompany and supervise children on field trips.
8. Commit to self-education on anti-bias education, racial justice, and gender equity issues.
9. Monitor health status of children for illness or areas of concern.
10. Clean up after activities.
11. Provide written and/or verbal communication to parents regarding child’s daily activities, progress and behavior.
12. Observe all Children’s Center and YWCA policies and procedures.
13. Comply with applicable local, state and federal licensing requirements/certification and/or regulations.
14. Comply with association policy regarding required reporting of child abuse.
15. Safeguard confidential information gained as a result of the position.
16. Work cooperatively with program participants, YWCA staff and volunteers.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Familiarization with YWCA Personnel Policies and mission.
2. Appropriate training and in-service which will occur during employment.
3. Infant/Toddler Child Care Providers must also have Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Shaken Baby Syndrome training.
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time or Part-time; flexible as a response to Association needs and availability of applicant.
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $9.75 + per hour.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Director: Children’s Center
How to Apply: Submit resume with cover letter to: HR@ywcakalamazoo.org
|Kalamazoo, MI 49007 US
|Full-time or Part-time; flexible
|$9.75 + per hour.