| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
YWCA USA Public Policy Intern |
Intern Position Description
YWCA USA’s Public Policy and Advocacy Department seeks an intern to work with the team this semester. Interns will learn about the legislative process and provide field assistance to local YWCA associations across the nation. Past interns have had the opportunity to monitor legislation, participate in lobby visits, and attend Congressional hearings and press conferences.
• Attending coalition meetings, briefings, and conferences as a representative of YWCA USA;
• Assisting in drafting and updating fact sheets, correspondence to Capitol Hill, position papers, legislative updates and alerts, briefing materials, and articles for policy publications;
• Researching resources and monitoring news relevant to YWCA USA’s policy priorities;
• Assembling and updating meeting packets and mailings;
• Monitoring the Public Policy and Advocacy inbox and answering requests from YWCA local associations regarding public policy issues;
• Tracking YWCA USA and local association advocacy activity on public policy priorities through implemented processes;
• Other administrative and related activities as assigned.
• Interest in learning about the federal and state public policy-making process;
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
• Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, self-directed and independent, with a good sense of humor and a strong commitment to women’s equity;
• Good research skills;
• Approximately 10-15 hours per week is expected;
• Position is expected to telework dependably.
Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, along with a relevant writing sample, by e-mail, indicating position title, to YWCA Human Resources at email@example.com.
|Washington, DC 20036 US
|Approximately 10-15 hours per week is expected
|YWCA Human Resources|