| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
Home Visitation Program Assistant |
FUNCTION: To provide Administrative support across Home Visitation Programs at the YWCA specifically within the Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) to ensure compliance of program requirements. Assist with implementation and adherence to program requirements.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, or related field preferred
2. Required Experience: 1-2 years minimum in clerical position; or 1-2 years’ experience working a health or human services related program
3. Knowledge of Maternal Infant Health policies and procedures preferred
4. Experience with timely data entry and knowledge of Microsoft Office
5. Ability to safely lift materials weighing up to 20 pounds
6. Ability to organize systems
7. Effective oral and written communication skills
8. Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
1. Receives and makes initial contact to all home visiting referrals across program both internally and externally.
2. Collects and verifies relevant information, and enters information into internal data management system. When appropriate schedules and assigns referrals to Registered Nurse or Social Worker
3. Verifies client’s eligibility for MIHP services in CHAMPS system/Medicaid and ensures not currently assigned to another MIHP
4. Safeguards confidential information and complies with HIPAA regulations
5. Generates letters to Medical Health Plans and Health Care Providers when beneficiary has been enrolled, transferred, or discharged.
6. Constructs client files of completed Risk Identifiers
7. Conducts program outreach, collaboration, and case sharing with other community agencies, Medicaid Health Plans, and medical care providers
8. Assists with the tracking and follow-up on client referrals
9. Assures maintenance of program records, and conducts monthly chart reviews.
10. Monitors MIHP contracts as required by MDHHS. Collects data and prepare reports as required for the YWCA and MDHHS, funding and licensing sources.
11. Completes billing to Medicaid providers for services rendered.
12. Complies with applicable local, state and federal licensing/certification requirements and/or regulations and Association policies regarding required reporting of child abuse.
13. Works cooperatively with program participants, YWCA staff and volunteers.
14. As a YWCA employee, projects a positive image of the Association and its programs to the community, the Association and the program.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Successful completion of MIHP training requirements.
2. Familiarization with YWCA Personnel Policies.
3. Appropriate training and in-service which will occur during employment.
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time. Flexible as a response to program needs and as arranged with supervisor.
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $12.00+
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: YW-Maternal Health
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Maternal Health
|Kalamazoo, MI 49007 US