| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
Restorative Justice Director |
YWCA Madison is seeking candidates for a Restorative Justice Director for our Restorative Justice Department.
The Restorative Justice Director is responsible for the management and supervision of YWCA Restorative Justice programs. The Restorative Justice Director ensures that programs advance the mission of the YWCA by bringing restorative justice practices to schools, community, and other organizations and the youth they serve and by advocating for restorative discipline practices and policies wherever possible.
This is a salaried position, 100% FTE position with a competitive salary range. The position requires regular daytime hours as well as some evenings and possible weekends.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor's degree in the social sciences, human services, criminal justice or related field or 4+ years’ experience providing youth services in a school setting or 4+ years working in the field of Restorative Justice in addition to required experience below.
• Two years’ experience (paid or unpaid) with, and knowledge of, existing community programs and organizations involved in Restorative Justice.
• Two years supervisory/management experience.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to demonstrate the competencies listed in the YWCA Madison Competency Model
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with group facilitation process
• Experience with adult training and/or education
• Ability to resolve conflicts in group situations
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience working with youth and communities of color
• Experience working in Middle and/or High Schools
• Driver’s license or the ability to serve multiple school sites within the time parameters dictated by our school partners.
Candidates should support the mission of the YWCA: elimination of racism and empowerment of women; demonstrate multi-cultural competency and the ability to work with diverse populations. People of color and individuals bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply. Must pass a caregivers background check.
Please visit our website www.ywcamadison.org/jobs for full position description and complete application instructions. Preference will be given to applications received by November 10, 2017. No e-mails please. No calls please, except to confirm receipt of application materials. AA/EOE
|Madison, WI 53703 US