| Search in Employment Opportunities|
List All in Employment Opportunities
Post New in Employment Opportunities
Restorative Justice Outreach Coordinator |
YWCA Madison is seeking candidates for a Restorative Outreach Coordinator to work in collaboration with our Restorative Justice Department and the Dane Restorative Justice Coalition.
The Restorative Justice Outreach Coordinator is responsible for supporting a smooth continuum of restorative justice services throughout Dane County. This includes seeking community input, working collaboratively with stakeholders from a variety of systems, coordinating community events and trainings, and raising community awareness of restorative justice in Dane County.
This is a salaried, 1.0 FTE (36 hours/week) position. Competitive salary range. Excellent benefits package with generous paid time off. This position requires a flexible schedule of mostly weekday hours as well as some weeknights and occasional events on weekends.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree in community development, human services, social work, communications, public policy, or related field OR commensurate experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience successful community organizing/outreach.
• Experience working on racial justice projects/initiatives.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must support the YWCA mission: eliminating racism and empowering women, and demonstrate the competencies listed in the YWCA Madison Competency Model
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing for media, social media and public speaking
• Works well independently, self-motivated, takes initiative
• Highly collaborative
• Able to balance competing demands and priorities
• Passionate about racial and restorative justice
• Possess computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
The person in this position will need to travel around Madison and Dane County frequently for work. It is necessary to have access to a reliable vehicle in order to perform this job.
Candidates should support the mission of the YWCA: elimination of racism and empowerment of women; demonstrate multi-cultural competency and the ability to work with diverse populations. People of color and individuals bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply. Must pass a caregivers background check.
Please visit our website www.ywcamadison.org/jobs for full position description and complete application instructions. Preference will be given to applications received by December 8th, applications accepted until position filled. No e-mails please. No calls please, except to confirm receipt of application materials. AA/EOE
|Madison, WI 53703 US