Fresh@YW is a chance for the YWCA USA to showcase all of the great things that our local associations do to empower women and eliminate racism in their communities on our national website, www.ywca.org. The YWCA USA welcomes Fresh@YW submissions from local associations that describe and highlight the accomplishments of their programs. If you’re a YWCA doing great things in your community, we want to hear about it!
If you want to discuss story ideas or have questions about the Fresh@YW editorial process, please contact email@example.com
Please note these guidelines when submitting your Fresh@YW story:
- YWCA USA retains full editorial control for Fresh@YW content. YWCA USA reserves the right to reject a submission for any reason. Accepted submissions may be edited for space, clarity, grammar or AP style.
- Recommended length is 300-500 words.
- All Fresh@YW stories must include:
- A description of the program
- The program's impact on the community
- Photo and/or video of the program. Photos and videos submitted must:
- Be high resolution and no larger than 2MB
- Provide a description of the picture and names of individuals in the picture
- Direct quotes from the program staff or participants
- Cross-posting Fresh@YW stories to association blogs, websites and social media sites is encouraged. Please include the original link on the YWCA.org website in the cross-post.
- Questions and additional materials (photos, videos, press releases, etc.) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When your story is published to the website, you will receive email notification from email@example.com.
- By submitting a photo with your Fresh@YW story, you agree and acknowledge that the YWCA USA may, at its sole discretion, publish, not publish, or otherwise use any photograph submitted by you. Such publication or other use may occur in print, on the Internet, and/or in or on any other medium of communication now or hereafter devised. The YWCA USA shall have the right to edit, adapt, publish, and distribute any or all of the photos submitted.”