Association Wish List
By providing the YWCA Northeast Indiana with any of the items listed below, you are helping families who are beginning new lives of dignity and self-respect. These items are used by clients in our Crisis Shelter, our Hope House Division, our domestic violence community programs, and our refugee/immigrant programs.
*These items are currently in urgent need at our Crisis Shelter: Blankets, new clothes all sizes, new shoes all sizes, paper products (i.e. toilet paper, paper towels) and diapers (especially larger sizes)*
• Bath towels and wash cloths (new, white)
• Bags to carry items (purses, bookbags, suitcases, etc.)
• Bus passes are critical for our clients. Please consider donating Citilink passes or money for passes.
• Children’s clothing (new, size 0 & up)
• Diapers and baby wipes (especially diapers sizes 5-6)
• Fall/Winter clothing items (new, all adult and children’s sizes)
• Gas station gift cards
• Laundry detergent, bleach, and other household cleaning items
• Monetary donations and gift cards to places such as Wal-Mart or Kroger. These donations allow us to purchase items for daily use, as well as those specific to a family’s need.
• Paper products (i.e. toilet paper, paper towels)
• Pajamas (new, all sizes, young men, women, and children)
• Pacifiers (new)
• Pack ’N Plays (must be new due to safety concerns)
• Personal hygiene products (full-size): Deodorant, Feminine hygiene products, Razors, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, new hair brushes and combs, Shampoo and Conditioner
• Sheets, blankets, comforters (new, twin size)
• Shoes (new, all sizes)
• Socks (new, all women and children’s sizes, including infant to toddler size socks for babies)
• Women’s T-shirts (new, size small to 2XL)
• Underwear (new, all women and children’s sizes, especially women’s underwear sizes 5-12, and young men’s sizes for teens staying in Shelter)
• Winter boots (new)
Donations may be dropped off at our office during business hours:
5920 Decatur Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46816
Monday - Friday: 8:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Thank you for your time and generosity!
Birthdays are often celebrated by women and children staying at our Crisis Shelter. Donated gifts (i.e. toys, jewelry, etc.) are wrapped and given the women and the children on their special days. Additionally, gift cards to grocery stores or department stores allow mothers to order birthday cakes for their children and pick out birthday gifts.
Holiday Hugs is a gift program in December for victims of domestic violence and their children. Your donated holiday gifts will go to a family staying at our Crisis Shelter or to a family receiving our services in our six-county service area. If you would like to spread some holiday cheer for families in need, please contact Erin Johnson at (260) 424-4908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
YWCA Northeast Indiana will gratefully accept donations of new clothing. Unfortunately, we cannot accept used clothing, furniture, linens, or toys, due to health, safety, and storage concerns. Instead, we refer our clients to local charities. If you would like to donate gently used items, we invite you to visit our friends, listed below and organized by county.
Allen County – Fort Wayne
Salvation Army (4 locations)
1021 Fairfield Ave., Ft. Wayne, Ind. 46802
1818 Bluffton Rd., Ft. Wayne, Ind. 46809
102 E. Pettit Ave., Ft. Wayne, Ind. 46806
The Dove's Nest Thrift Shop
Fort Wayne Community Schools
The Franciscan Center
Huntertown United Methodist Church
The Rescue Mission
St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store
Find more ways to help yourself and others.
Get Help With...