What is Feminism on Tap?
Feminism on Tap is an informal educational series. Our local movement is modeled after the successful series in Madison and Milwaukee. Feminism on Tap-La Crosse was established by Essential Health (formerly Options) Clinic, New Horizons Shelter and Outreach Centers, and the YWCA La Crosse in December 2014. Our goal is to connect community members with local non-profits and other community educators to discuss important issues that impact equity for all.
Feminism on Tap is a great way to network with community members and organizations who believe in and support the same things you do! The program meets the first Wednesday of each month from 5-7 p.m. at various locations in the La Crosse area.
A Selection of Past Topics and Venues:
- Women Entrepreneurs, The Court Above Main
- Intersectionality, 4 Sisters Wine & Tapas
- Stalking awareness, Pearl Street Brewery
- VDay-One Billion Rising movement to end violence against women, JavaVino
- Body image, Root Note
- Wage equality, Earl's Grocery
- Modern Motherhood, Lost Island Wine
- Fe(men)ism – men’s role in feminism, Cavaliar
- Consent, The Golden Tap
- DV in the LGBTQ Community, Old Crow
- League of Women Voters – voting history, current hot topics, Radisson
Our Next Event:
Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2017, 5-7 p.m.
Connect with us:
Like us on Facebook to keep up on future topics and locations (Feminism on Tap La Crosse).
Join our mailing list by sending an email to: email@example.com.