22nd Annual YWCA Quincy
Women of Achievement Gala
"A Voice For All Women!"
Honor the women who make a difference.
April 6, 2013 will be the 22nd year that the YWCA of Quincy has held the Women of Achievement event to honor women in our community who make a difference in the lives of so many.
A woman chosen to receive a YWCA Women of Achievement Award embodies excellence in her field, is an outstanding role model for other women, and goes beyond excellence to work on behalf of racial or social justice, economic empowerment of women or girls, and enhancement of quality of life through her professional, personal or volunteer endeavors.
Awards are presented to women who represent diversity of race, age and occupation.
Service to their community is a prerequisite.
April 6, 2013 ---- 6:00 p.m.
Oakley Lindsey Center
"A Voice For All Women"
Music, and Live Vocal Entertainment
Heavy Hors d'Oeuvres will be served
& Cash Bar available
Please RSVP by March 22, 2013 at 217-221-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org
$5,000 Grand Prize!
First 400 tickets sold will include raffle entry
Tickets $50.00 each
Rhonda Murry-The Phoenix Award
Liza Hayashi- Woman of Social Impact
Nikki Finney- Woman of Educational Excellence
Jeri Conboy- Woman Moving Healthcare Forward
Amanda Bingheim- Young Woman of Achievement Scholarship
Gretchen McDonald- Woman of Economic Impact
Click here to watch our Women of Achievement public service announcement!
- Phoenix Award- A woman who has overcome obstacles to rise from poverty to self-sufficiency. Priority is given to women who have overcome multiple co-existing barriers to economic self-sufficiency.
- Woman of Social Impact- A woman who has made a social impact toward youth development, racial justice, or advancement of women through their church, employment or community organizations.
- Woman of Educational Excellence- A woman who through their position in the local school systems has excelled at helping children living in poverty or at-risk youth to reach their full academic potential.
- Woman Moving Healthcare Forward- A woman who worked creatively and collaboratively to develop programs and initiatives that impact their patient's communities in immediate and meaningful ways.
- Young Woman of Achievement Scholarship- A young woman who is pursuing or furthering their education at an accredited college or vocational school. Young women must demonstrate financial need. Priority is given to minorities, low income and 2.75 GPA or above. Minimum 2.75 GPA required. Nominee must be 17 - 21 years of age.
- Woman of Economic Impact- A woman who through their business ownership has provided community service, philanthropy and/or opportunities for women to advance economically.
Sponsorships and advertisement spaces are still available for our 2013 program booklet! For more information and to reserve your space, click here.