ywca of o‘ahu laniakea, fernhurst
and kokokahi locations
We need your time, enthusiasm and expertise! Here is a quick list of things you can do as a volunteer to help the YWCA of O‘ahu achieve its mission.
Contact Kehaulani Coleman, Director of Economic Advancement Programs, (808) 695-2603, email@example.com
YWCA Economic Advancement (EA) Programs:
Career Center Computer person: set up 1 or 2 dedicated computers at YWCA Fernhurst (Makiki) with helpful websites to find affordable housing, job readiness and personal financial management.
Computer Tutor: teach women basic computer skills at YWCA Fernhurst (Makiki).
- Clothing Merchandiser: sort and size donated clothing for the Dress for Success program.
- Monthly Benefit Sale volunteer (The actual sale is Wednesday & Thursday from 10:00-2:00): many jobs are involved with the sale from pre and post sale work to working the checkout table and clearing the fitting room.
- Data Entry person: enter required program data for reports.
Contact Candice Wessinger, Chief Operations Officer, (808) 695-2619, firstname.lastname@example.org
assistance with gardens in couryard and pool area
- Hotel and Restaurant Management Majors: volunteer in our conferencing and catering department
- Students of Architecture and Engineering: volunteer to organize blueprints, manuals and documents for a historic building
- Gardening skills:
YWCA Member Services:
- Front Desk: volunteer greeter
- Adminstrative Support- volunteer assistant
- Water Instructors: swim coaching & working with children M/W or weekends
- Seasonal/Session Administrative Support: help with registration for swim sessions and summer pool activities
- Groundskeeper/Gardener/Landscaper: upkeep landscape around pool area and plant native species
YWCA Health & Wellness:
- Aqua Fit Instructor: teach aqua aerobics M/T/W/Th and open to new swim classes
- Independent Contractors: to instruct in one or many types of yoga, hi-low impact aerobics and Pilates
- Volunteer Substitutes: to instruct any of our classes
- Seasonal/Special Event Administrative Support
- Carpenters: help build shelves/classroom organizers
Contact Rhonda Jones, Fernhurst Manager, (808) 941-2231, email@example.com
- Facility Maintenance: Use your skill and experience to give back in the Fernhurst Residence community. Facilities volunteer will be able to perform a variety of work including painting tasks and small repairs to building and grounds. Exercises discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person. (1-4 hour shifts available Monday through Friday. Volunteers with experience in one area encouraged to apply.)
- Hospitality: Help serve a diverse community of women while gaining practical knowledge of lodging and transitional housing operations. Provide assistance with reservations, administration, marketing efforts and daily operations. (1-4 hour shifts available Monday through Friday. Computer literacy required.)