2015-2016 YWCA AMES-ISU SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
MISSION OF THE YWCA
YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one female undergraduate or graduate student at ISU. Half of the award will be distributed during the Fall 2015 semester with the other half being distributed during the Spring 2016 semester.
Applicant must be a female student who has completed at least one semester at Iowa State University prior to Jan. 1, 2015.
- Applicant must demonstrate activity and achievement in one or more areas of the YWCA mission. YWCA membership is not required for nomination or selection.
- Applicant must register at Iowa State University for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Applicant must be in good academic standing with Iowa State University.
Individuals may apply or be nominated. Submit the attached application and other requested information below to the YWCA Ames-ISU, C1102A Knapp-Storms Commons by 4 p.m. January 15th, 2015.
- Applicant must submit a statement describing her activity and achievements relevant to the YWCA mission. She may include copies of news articles, papers, citations, awards and other relevant materials.
- Applicant must submit a one-page resume.
- Applicant must submit a minimum of one letter of support from individuals who can describe her commitment to the YWCA mission.
The awards committee will contact applicants or references for additional information if needed.
All completed application materials must be received by 4 p.m. January 15th, 2015.
Please click on the link below for the 2015 Scholarship Application:
C1102A Knapp-Storms Commons | Iowa State University | Ames, IA 50013
(515) 294-1663 | email@example.com