Former Vice President of Global Analytics & Insights, General Mills
Gayle Fuguitt is a recognized leader in marketing data, measurement, and media. Gayle bridges the digital divide to bring the voice of the consumer to the C-suite.
First ever General Mills Global Consumer Insights and Analytics Officer, leader Market Research reinvention and a legacy of over 250 leaders, who now control billions in global revenue (1980-2012).
- P&L responsibility $50M internal revenue, budget responsibility for $150M; $1B in 3 decades.
- Quantified over $3B in new market opportunities via tech driven audience need segmentation.
- Increased employee diversity fourfold with 85% retention.
- Invested $70M+ as GMI VC sponsor from 1998 to 2012, driving next-gen insights and returns.
- 50% cost savings and 10X speed through shift of 85% research to MarketTools Platform in 1999.
In 2014 Ms. Fuguitt was inducted into the Market Research Council Hall of Fame. First female CEO of the Advertising Research Foundation in NYC, 2013. Led “How advertising Works Today” Ground Truth ad ROI study to unlock $30B+ for brand investment. Increased endowment by 30%. In 2016, named Chief of Customer Insight and Innovation at Foursquare in NYC delivering over $15MM (+20%) revenue growth via C-level network. Reinvented location-based product suite: Client/Tech micro-targeting and dynamic ad serving utilizing ML, AI, VR, DCO and NLP for F50 client companies. Led first ever accreditation of location technology by Media Ratings Council for Foursquare, 2020.
- Founded and board chair, A.C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Research, 1990.
- 10 years on MarketTools Board, Nom/Gov Chair, acquired by Survey Monkey in 2010 for $1B.
- 2003-2010 Iconoculture Board (online trends), acquired by the Conference Board in 2010.
- Qualsights Board (mobile UGC): AI and NLP enable real time client search and discovery.
- Current Non-Profit Boards: YWCA USA, Minneapolis Institute of Art, Vice Chair, The Minnesota Opera, Centro Tyrone Guzman (LatinX Social Service Agency), Dean’s Board: UW Madison School of Business.
Economics BA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1978. MBA, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1980.