YWCA USA Announces Four New Appointments to its Board of Directors
Washington, D.C. (June 22, 2020) – YWCA USA is pleased to announce the appointment of four new member to its national Board of Directors. The newly elected Board members are as follows: Maria Chavez Wilcox (CEO, YWCA Seattle|King|Snohomish); Gayle Fuguitt (CEO and President, The Advertising Research Foundation); Katherine Grainger, Esq. (Partner, Civitas Public Affairs Group); and Joanna M. Price (Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications, The Coca-Cola Company).
“I am thrilled to welcome these four talented women who bring a level of lived experience and diversity to our Board of Directors,” said Alejandra Y. Castillo, CEO, YWCA USA. “These amazing and brilliant women bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise in their respective fields that will be a tremendous asset to our Board as we work to further our mission of eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.”
Beth McCaw, Board Chair, YWCA USA, added, “These women have extensive backgrounds and expertise on gender, race, and diversity which will be of great value to YWCA and its mission. We look forward to seeing how their diverse experiences will translate into ideas to create a more just world for women and people of color.”
These new members will serve alongside other YWCA board members, which include:
- Beth McCaw, Chair (President and CEO, Washington Women’s Foundation)
- Tina Herrera, Vice Chair (Senior Director, Sharper Granite, LLC)
- Pam Stegora Axberg, Treasurer (Former Senior Vice President, UnitedHealthcare)
- Juliet Choi (Partner, The VENG Group)
- Victoria Dinges (Senior Vice President, Allstate)
- Ann Branan Horak (Associate Professor of Practice, College of Liberal Arts, University of Texas at El Paso)
- Shannon Isom (CEO, YWCA Dayton)
- Regina Malveaux (CEO, YWCA Spokane)
- Shawna Menifee (Executive Vice President, Jones Lang LaSalle)
- Rita P. Mitchell (Author, Speaker, Coach)
- Nichola “Nikki” Noriega (Senior Client Portfolio Manager, Invesco)
- Nancy Racette (Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer, DRi)
- Pia Wilson-Body (President, Intel Foundation)
The YWCA USA Board of Directors provides the personal leadership, enthusiasm, and the support necessary to build and sustain an effective service organization geared to eliminating racism and empowering women.
For more information about YWCA’s newest board members, click here.
About YWCA USA
YWCA USA is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen communities. We are one of the oldest and largest women’s organizations in the nation, serving over 2 million women, girls, and their families.
YWCA has been at the forefront of the most pressing social movements for 160 years — from voting rights to civil rights, from affordable housing to pay equity, from violence prevention to health care reform. Today, we combine programming and advocacy to create change in three key areas: racial justice and civil rights, empowerment and economic advancement of women and girls, and health and safety of women and girls. Learn more: www.ywca.org.